Saturday, May 5, 2012

They are LEGACI.



Yep.  Been so long since I last blogged.  My excuse?  None.  I don't write when I don't want to. Hah!  But seriously, it's just been a bit hard to find something to write about, and it's been just as difficult to find time to sit down and actually start writing.

MOVING ON...

Yesterday, I woke up and saw a post on the Legaci fan page---their Whitney Houston tribute.  I watched it twice before I left the house, and probably 7 times more within the day. It's amazing!  Who would've thought  that 4 grown men could pull off a Whitney?!?!

I couldn't help but think that these guys really remind me of Boyz II Men, New Edition and KAI! :)


Whitney Houston Tribute by Legaci

For the benefit of the young ones...

KAI was the Asian-American group behind the song "Say You'll Stay" back in the 90s, but I haven't heard anything about them after the year 2000 I think.

New Edition was the "boy band" of the 80s, composed of Bobby Brown (who was later on replaced by Johnny Gill), Michael Bivins, Ron DeVoe, Ricky Bell and Ralph Tresvant. Their song, "I'm Still In Love With You" never gets old.

And I'm sure everyone knows Boyz II Men (duh).  I'm a big Boyz II Men fan (I have every one of their albums in my ipod....including the instrumentals....coz you'll never know when you will need those for an event).

(Kids, google is your friend. Google them if that didn't help. Or better yet, find them on youtube)

So yes, Legaci reminds me of KAI, New Edition and Boyz II Men. 

Legaci is currently composed of Chris Abad (who was here in Manila recently), Micah Tolentino, Jason Atencion and Del Lazaro.  Their cover of Justin Bieber's "Baby" caught the attention of the teen pop star and his manager, Scooter Braun, and they became his official backing group---touring the world and singing with Bieber for about 2 years.


I don't exactly know if this was the cover Scooter Braun saw, but I posted it anyway :)

When I first knew about Legaci, I didn't know that they did backup for Bieber.  You see, my good friend, Carmi, and I had an agreement more than a year ago, after she watched Never Say Never, that we will have to start investing our time watching youtube videos in the hopes of finding another Justin Bieber and be, like, the female version of Scooter Braun, haha! So last year, as I was watching youtube videos, searching for the next teen sensation (lol), I saw Legaci's 6,8,12 cover.  I was blown away! I started doing my research on them, checking to see how long they've been in the business, and what other songs they've released.  I think I was really disappointed in myself for only knowing about them last year when I saw that the video has been up since 2008 (seriously, I just kept asking myself if I was under a coma since 2008).  I posted their Brian McKnight cover on my facebook page and "liked" their fan page.  I only found out that they did backup for the golden boy, JB, after a Legaci member's relative told me (which was a few minutes, or perhaps hours, after I liked their fan page).

Pinoy talent is world-class...and it is once again proven by Legaci :)

They released their debut single "All Day" late last year, and according to their website wearelegaci.com, they're set to release their album late 2012.  Here's the acoustic version of "All Day" by Legaci :)  Enjoy :)


Oh, by the way, you need to see the OMAs (one man a cappella) of Del Lazaro. Astig lang.


Until my next post!  Shake That!

follow them on twitter:
@legacimusic
@mic1
@abadchris
@jaymillion
@dellazaro


Photo from: filamfunk.blogspot.com
Other sources: wearelegaci.com

No comments:

Post a Comment