Friday, January 20, 2012

The Happiness Project

Have you seen that new Coca-cola commercial?  The one with the hundred year old man who traveled from the province all the way to Manila to visit his newborn great, great (I really don't know how many greats to use..) granddaughter?  If not, here it is..




Well, it's true.  Happiness is a birthright.  Everyone deserves to be happy.  Take it from lolo Mario who's been around for a hundred years...we have to look for what's going to make us happy.  Time flies and we should make the most out of life.

The other week, I had to make reservations at Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street for a couple's pre-nup photoshoot.  Told myself that I'll just drop off the payment and head back to the office, but of course I caught the scent of the books that were fresh from the box which made me decide to stay a bit longer.  I was browsing through the best sellers and I found The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. And I thought, Oh this is probably just like Eat, Pray, Love...






I wanted to buy it because I was intrigued (plus, the semi-damaged book was priced at around Php 300,  not bad at all), but since I am stingy, I put the book back, went back to the office and forgot about it.  A few days later though, I was reminded of the book so I went online and checked reviews. Turns out, it is like Eat, Pray, Love...only, it's a book about someone who didn't have the option leave the country to look for happiness, she had to focus on improving her life as it was.  The reviews all discussed how she gave proofs of love, how she sought help more, how she tried to enjoy more and how she kept a gratitude notebook. Two words---simple joys. Lo and behold, I am sold!

As I was looking for reviews, I found this website where the author of the book shares her insights.

http://www.happiness-project.com/

Check it out!  Who knows?  It might inspire you to create your own happiness project :)

I'm getting myself a copy of the book maybe tomorrow.  I've been trying to find a good read since after I finished The Lost Symbol and Mini-shopaholic late last year. I'm hoping that it's worth my Php300++ (forgive the stinginess).  :)  I'll try to give my personal take on it when I'm done with the book---which is most probably going to be at least 6 months from now, hahaha!

Good job to Coca-cola for another heartwarming ad!

No comments:

Post a Comment