Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Best of Chico & Delamar's The Morning Rush Top 10

I've been listening to Chico and Delamar since I was in college, and The Morning Rush Top 10 has been my favorite segment since then.  It's been a venue to show the wit of C & D's listeners, and has helped ease my hatred for mornings. 



I first saw their book during the holidays, but I didn't buy it because "I listen to their program everyday anyway..."  I kept seeing it around though, and I've heard people buying multiple copies to give away as Christmas presents, and so 2 weeks ago, I gave in.  In the words of Chico, I did what was rational, and I went to National! I walked around National Bookstore in Galleria before going to the gym, got a copy of the book after picking up other stuff, and lined up at the cashier.  While waiting, I asked my friend, "Do you think this is really worth it?" (It costs Php 175...Okay, kill me now, but I really think 20 times before making a purchase...ANY purchase)

I've been telling my friends to read the book, and so far, a lot of them said that it made them laugh out loud, specially when they imagine Chico reading the entries :) 

These are my favorite entries:

Top 10 Date Quotes:
9. When I asked a super hot date if she wanted coffee, she answered,"Sige, preferably kape ng Tarvax, pero pwede na rin 'yung kape ng Mini-Staff." - Greg



Top 10 Misheard Lyrics
1. "Chuvalens, chuvalens, everything you own in the box chuvalens..." (Beyonce's "Irreplaceable") - Jose De Vengenge
5. "And I'm here to remind you of the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me..." (Alanis Morisette's "You Ought to Know") -Lavander Girl



They had a book launch at Galleria last week, Jan 28, and yesterday, Feb 4, at Trinoma.  Check out Chico's blog here to find out what happened during the first day of their book launch.  Mind you, I was there, but I was already late for Zumba, and there were soooo many people!  I checked again after gym, and there were still soooo many people!!  Their next stop, I believe, is going to be National Bookstore Megamall, on Saturday, Feb 11, registration starts at 1pm.

As they have a new segment, the epic rap-off which was started by Chico and Gino during Del's maternity leave, there must be an epic rap off about their book!  Here it is...Jay-Z, Ashanti, and Salbakuta...I mean, Gino, Chico and Delamar's epic "book rap" :



So do what is rational!  Punta na ng National!!

Warning:  Thou shall not read the book when you are alone and having your car washed or whenever you are not with someone who understands why you are literally laughing out loud while reading it.  Mahirap ng mapagkamalang baliw.

No comments:

Post a Comment